Cottage Cheese Bun Sandwich was an impromptu experiment which was a winner! Though I love traditional food more, at times when you want a change and a no fuss meal, I experiment with whatever chutneys or dips are at hand.
I generally decide on the spot and mix and match a few ingredients while trying to keep it as simple as I possibly can. Well, having bought these paav (locally produced Indian Buns) to make a simple cottage cheese and raw salad sandwich for dinner, I suddenly thought of giving it a twist and the result was amazing!
For some more delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Veg Coleslaw Toast Sandwich
- Creamy Corn Toasts
- Veg Junglee Toast Sandwich
- Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwich
- Healthy Fruity Sandwich
- Veggie Soya Balls Sub Sandwich
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Cottage Cheese Bun Sandwich….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Serves : 2
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 4 Paav (Buns)
- 200 gm Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper…. Quartered
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper…. Quartered
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper…. Quartered
- 1 Large Onion…. Sliced Lengthwise
- As Required Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 1/2 tbs Tomato Ketchup
- As Required Mayonise
- As Required Corriander Mint Chutney
- 2 tbs Spicy Chilli Garlic Chutney
- 2 tbs Water
- 8 Garlic Cloves…. Minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 6 tbs Oil
- To make the Cottage Cheese Bun Sandwiches, first saute the onions in a pan in 2 tbs oil adding just a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar, on low heat till caramelised. Transfer to a dish to cool.
- Next, add 2 tbs oil to the same pan and add the minced garlic and saute just for a few seconds.
- Add in the quartered bell peppers, a little salt and cook on both sides till soft and slightly charred. Transfer these to a dish and set aside.
- To the same pan add the remaining 2 tbs oil and the red garlic chutney mixed with a little water.
- Saute for a minute and add in the cottage cheese slices. Roast them in the chutney, cooking them on both sides till the chutney envelopes the slices.
- Though this better be quick so as to prevent the cottage cheese from hardening later.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice open the paav/Buns keeping the end joined.
- Slather the corriander mint chutney on one side topped with some tomato ketchup and mayonise on the other side.
- Place lettuce on both sides and a slice of roasted cottage cheese on the bottom slice.
- Top with the cramalised onions and roasted garlic bell peppers.
- Close in the top bun slice over the sandwich and enjoy these delicious Cottage Cheese Bun Sandwiches for a hearty yet light meal!