Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish from Naples. It was actually the poor farmers’ dish, who had to dish up something to eat with whatever simple ingredients they had. In India, we now find it being served in almost all restaurants and sometimes with the addition of few sauteed veggies!
This dish is made by lightly sauteeing sliced, pressed or minced garlic in olive oil (preferably the Extra Virgin one), sometimes with the addition of hot red chilles or red chilli flakes (in which case it’s name is Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperoncino) and tossing with sphagetti! It is very important to avoid the garlic from burning to maintain it’s sweetness and avoid the bitter burnt taste.
Finely chopped parsley can be added alongwith some grated parmesan or pecorino cheese, although according to some traditional recipes cheese simply should not be added as it is said to compete with the garlic! I haven’t added any here too, but have used a few holy basil leaves, just for garnishing purposes!
Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico is a slight twist given to the traditional Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico, by adding some shrimp/prawns sauteed in some butter and minced garlic. It’s a treat for the fish lovers, like my son who loves shrimp a lot!
For some more such delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Pasta In White Sauce
- Burnt Garlic Hakka Noodles With Vegetables
- Paneer Steak With Burnt Garlic Herbed Rice
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico…
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 10 min
Serves : 4-5
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 30-35 Shrimp/Prawns
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Finely Minced Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- Cooked Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Peperonico
- To make Aglio E Olio Peperonico With Butter Garlic Prawns, first clean and devein the prawns and rinse them throughly. Drain, apply the lemon juice and a little salt and set aside.
- In the meantime, cook the Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico as per the instructions provided in the earlier post (link provided in the ingredients above)
- Next, heat a pan and add the olive oil and the butter to it.
- Add in the minced garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the prawns and toss well.
- Check seasoning and add salt if required.
- Flip the prawns and cook till they are tender. This requires just a few minutes as prawns get cooked very fast.
- Add the aglio e olio peperonico to the pan and toss well.
- Serve this delicious Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico with a Garlic Bread by the side!
It’s upto one’s choice to garnish the Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperonico With some chopped parsley and a little grated Parmesan cheese!