Doodhi (bottle gourd) thepla is something I always make with the leftover piece of doodhi after it’s vegetable has been made. Bittlegourd is a highly nutritious and versatile vegetable for cooking. It’s said to be very good for diabetics too!
These theplas taste very delicious with the addition of kasuri methi. A good dish which appeals to kids too!
For more such healthy delicious dishes, do give a try to….
1) Beetroot Parathas or
1 1/2 cup Doodhi ….finely grated (Bottle Gourd)
2 cups Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Besan (Chickpea flour)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Corriander powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
2 tsp Kasuri methi
2 tbs Oil
Salt To Taste
Homemade ghee for roasting the theplas
1. Peel and grate the doodhi finely.
2. In a mixing bowl add all mentioned ingredients and knead into a semisoft dough.
3. Taking a small portion, roll into a circular shape (thepla) using a rolling pin.
4. Heat a griddle and roast the thepla on medium heat, till small bubbles appear on the top.
5. Apply some ghee on the top and flip it. Increase the flame to high and roast the bottom portion till brown spots appear on it.
6. Apply some ghee on the top half roasted surface and flip it again. Apply some pressure on the edges of the thepla using a spatula and roast the thepla on high heat, till brown spots appear on the bottom part.
7. When roasted on both sides, transfer the thepla to a hotpot or a container.
8. Serve the delicious Doodhi Thepla with some tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice. If desired do try the healthy Gaajar Flower Taaja Loncha with these theplas.
A healthy and easy breakfast recipe. Best for tiffins or picnics too. Tastes good even with chunda or gol kairi!