Healthy Fruity Sandwich is basically a combination of some healthy low fat fruits, hung curd, honey and whole wheat bread. Who doesn’t love sandwiches and there are so many varieties are available today!
But sometimes, especially during summer we do crave for something light but still delicious! At such times the first thing that comes to our mind are fruits, light and delicious and great thirst quenchers.
Oranges and pineapple are both highly nutritious fruits with lots of Vit C. Again fresh curds and honey are both good for our health. The combination of such healthy foods makes this dish high on the health quotient! Light on the palate and stomach too, this sandwich is a great option for breakfast or as an evening snack!
For some more delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Aambat Goad Pohe
- Creamy Tofu In Mint Wraps
- Poaley (Neer Dosa)
- Corn Oats Semolina Pancakes
- Kaanda Mataar Pohe
- Sabudana Khichdi
Here’s the recipe for Healthy Fruity Sandwich….
Prep Time : 15 min
Serves : 4
- 8 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Orange Segments …. Shredded
- 1/4 cup Pineapple…. Finely Chopped
- 2 tbs Roasted Mixed Dry Fruits Powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh Hung Curd
- 5 tbs Honey
- To make Healthy Fruity Sandwich, first slice off the edges of the bread slices.
- Peel the orange segments and shred them. Finely chop the pineapple discarding the mid portion which is not supposed to be consumed.
- Transfer both to a mixing bowl and add the hung curd and honey. Mix all together and set aside.
- Adjust sweetness as desired by reducing or increasing the quantity of honey.
- Cut the bread slices into desired shape and spread the prepared mixture on one side of the bread.
- Place the other slice on top and transfer the sandwiches to a serving dish.
- Serve these delicious and nutritious Fruity Sandwiches for breakfast or as an evening snack.