Raw Banana And Potato Cutlets are a good way to incorporate raw banana into our daily diet. The potatoes can be substituted with sweet potatoes to increase the health quotient. Well, raw bananas have their own benefits and apart from making vegetables this is a great way to consume them.
While making Cutlets, we need some binding agen like cornflour or breadcrumbs. Else, the Cutlets do not firm up enough while shallow frying. But the addition of flattened rice does the same trick and the Cutlets turn out firm from within with a lovely crisp exterior inspite of shallow frying and not deep frying them.
For some more such delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too by clicking on the links provided below….
- Tiranga Paneer Tikka
- Kobiche Bhanole
- Aaloo Mutter Paneer Tikki
- Healthy Hara Chana Peanut Sesame Balls
- Sprouted Ragi And Oats Cutlets
- Phodshiche Vade (Cutlets)
- Sabudana Wada
Prep Time : 25 min
Cooking Time : 4-5 min/Cutlet
Serves : 12 Cutlets
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 1.5 – 2 cups Mashed Boiled Raw Banana (Approx 2 Thick Raw Bananas)
- 4 Medium Boiled Potatoes…. Mashed
- 1 cup Thick Flattened Rice (Jade Pohe/Jada Poha)
- 1 cup Boiled Fresh Green Peas/Frozen Green Peas
- 4 Spicy Green Chillies
- 1. 5″ Knob Of Ginger
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbs Garam Masala
- Salt To Taste
- As Required Oil For Shallow Frying
- To make the Raw Banana And Potato Cutlets, first cook the potatoes along with the raw bananas (halved) in a pressure pan for about 4 whistles.
- Next, rinse the flattened rice in a sieve and drain out all the water and set aside.
- Peel the cooked potatoes and bananas and mash them well or just grate them.
- Grind together the green chillies and the ginger and set aside.
- Mix together the mashed vegetables, ginger green chilli paste, the soaked and drained flattened rice, green peas, all the above mentioned spice powders and salt to taste.
- Mix well and divide into 12 equal parts and mould into round cutlets or any other shape as desired.
- Heat oil on a griddle and shallow fry the cutlets on low to medium heat till browned and crisp on both sides.
- Serve these delicious Raw Banana And Potato Cutlets with a dip of choice!
If using frozen green peas, there’s no need of boiling them as generally they are very soft. Just a slight crushing by hand is enough.