It is said that breakfast should be the main meal of the day. So, it is better to have something nutritious as well as filling for the same. But with increasing work load and busy life, it is not always possible to achieve these goals.
At such times, easy and quick recipes, for which the arrangements can be done in advance, come handy. Especially keeping in mind, the health quo!
Corn Oats Semolina Pancakes is one such dish, where the batter can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. It requires minimum grinding work and are easy and quick to prepare too! Here, I too have refrigerated it overnight as the semolina soaks well, almost doubles in quantity and the pancakes turn out well!
1. Goad Poale
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
Serves : 4-5 (20 pancakes)
- 1 cup Semolina…. Slightly roasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 2 tbs Rajgira Flour
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrots
- 1 cup Boiled Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Fresh Homemade Curds
- 1/2 cup Fresh Corriander Leaves…. Chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves….. Chopped finely
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Fruit Salt
- 1 tsp Hot Oil for the fruit salt
- Homemade Ghee for roasting the pancakes
- To begin making the Corn Oats Semolina Pancakes, first mix together the semolina, oats, rajgira flour, grated carrots, chopped corriander leaves, chopped curry leaves, curds and salt to taste.
- Add water as required to get a medium thick batter. Set aside for minimum one hour or more if possible. This batter can be readied and refrigerated overnight too.
- Grind the ginger and green chillies to a paste.
- Grind the boiled corn to a slightly coarse paste without using any water.
- Add the ginger green chilli paste and the corn paste to the prepared oats semolina mixture and mix well.
- Use some more water if required to adjust the consistency of the batter. Check seasoning again at this stage and add more salt if required.
- Heat a pancake pan and grease with some homemade ghee.
- Add the fruit salt and a teaspoon of hot oil to the batter and stir. Mix well.
- Pour a ladlefull batter into the greased hollows of the pan. Spread it such, so as to get a circular shape.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes till one side has been cooked well.
- Smear some ghee on the top of the pancakes and flip them to cook the upper side as well.
- Cook uncovered on medium flame till the other side is done and crisp.
- When all the pancakes are done, transfer to a dish to cool down a bit.
- Serve these highly nutritious, delicious and easy to cook Corn Oats Semolina Pancakes for breakfast with some healthy Corriander Mint Chutney alongside or just pack in tiffins for a nutritious meal!
- Can be substituted for a light dinner too!