Sweet potato as well as sweet corn are both highly nutritious vegetables and taste delicious when combined to make a chaat. Chaats are one of the most famous street food in India, then be it made from savoury food items or fruits and are a hot a favourite amongst the general public.
I have combined two most nutritious vegetables like sweet potato and sweet corn with some more ingredients to make a chaat and thus have succeeded in persuading my kids to eat it. And now it’s a huge success with them! It is a wonderful option for tiffins or breakfast or as a substitute for a light evening snack or dinner.
For more such healthy options and variety for breakfast or tiffins, do try the…..
1) Goad Poale
For Chaat :
- 1 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1/2 cup Fresh Corriander leaves
- 2 tbs Spicy Chanaa daal (optional)
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- Salt to taste
For Garnishing :
- 1 Khakraa (or Crispy puris for crunch)
- Sev or farsaan
- 2 tbs Roasted puffed barley (optional)
- To make the nutritious sweet potato and corn chaat, first boil the sweet potatoes and sweet corn separately and cool. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into medium cubes.
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes green chilli and the corriander leaves.
- Add all mentioned ingredients for chaat in a mixing bowl and mix well. Check seasoning and add if more is required.
- Serve for breakfast, garnished with Sev, roasted puffed barley and some crushed khakraa.
Sweet potato is in fact better than the regular potato in terms of nutrition. Sometimes kids or many adults too simply refuse to eat sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes impart a subtle sweetness to the chaat. This chaat is nutritious as well as delicious and appeals to one and all whether young or old! To make it more delicious just add the Sweet and sour dates chutney and some Spicy chilli garlic chutney to the chaat. One can improve even by adding finely chopped cucumbers or apples or some pomegranate for that extra freshness or even grated carrots or beetroots! The options are endless and one can always add more ingredients as per preference, keeping the health quotient as the main focus!
Health bhi aur taste bhi!!