Winters bring along lots of fresh vegetables in the market! One such vegetable is the fresh haraa chanaa i.e. fresh green chickpeas. Again, in winters we try to include sesame and other food stuffs known for their heat creating properties to combat the chill.
Here, I have created a healthy dish combining some nutritious food stuffs, whithout any compromise on its taste! As we all know, paneer, potatoes, peanuts, sesame and the fresh haraa chanaa are all very healthy. When combined in an apt manner, we get an absolutely delicious and nutritious as well as a filling dish.
For more such dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
4. Goad Poale
Here’s the recipe for Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Sesame Balls….
Prep Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Serves : 4 (yields 14 balls)
- 1 cup Fresh Haraa Chanaa (Fresh Green Chickpeas)
- 3/4 cup Grated Boiled Potatoes (4 Medium Potatoes)
- 3/4 cup Grated Paneer (100 gm)
- 1/2 cup Roughly Crushed Roasted Peanuts (keeping bite size bits)
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 1/2″ Ginger
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Dry Mint Leaves…. Optional (or 2 tbs Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves)
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Aamchur Powder
- Salt to taste
- Homemade Ghee for roasting the Balls
For The Tempering :
- 1 tbs Homemade Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 tbs Sesame Seeds
- To make Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Sesame Balls, the first step is to boil the potatoes.
- When done, cool and peel them. Grate the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Grate the paneer and add to the mixing bowl.
- Boil the chanaa in clean water till slightly soft and drain. Cool and grind coarsely and set aside.
- Grind the green chillies and ginger to get a smooth paste.
- Mix all the mentioned ingredients for the balls and check seasoning. Adjust as per taste.
- Form small lemon sized balls from the mixture and set aside.
- Heat a paniyaram pan and add 1/4 homemade ghee to each hollow.
- When it heats up transfer the prepared balls in each hollow and keep flipping to roast each side well.
- When crisp on all sides, transfer to a container and repeat the above steps for the entire mixture.
- Heat a kadhai for the tempering and add oil to it. When it heats up add the sesame seeds.
- Stir for a minute and when they crackle, add the prepared haraa chanaa peanut balls to it.
- Stir on low to medium heat, rolling them in the pan and giving them a slight press till the balls are well crisped and the sesame has coated the balls.
- Serve the delicious Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Balls with some Corriander Mint Chutney dip and Tomato Ketchup e with any other dip of choice.