Mini Corn Pizza is a fusion dish. These pizzas are made using sweet corn to prepare the base and our regular bell pepper and onion topping. For the pizza sauce, a mixture of some ketchup and chilli sauces has been used, though you can surely try using pesto or any other sauces of choice, like for instance, you can just mix up some barbeque sauce with the ketchup too!
The ingredients used in this dish, like sweet corn, bell peppers, onions are all nutritious and you can go ahead and add any other veggies or even some meat as per choice. The base itself turned out very delicious, and the addition of the vegetable topping, pizza seasoning and cheese made the pizza totally mouthwatering!
For some more delicious snacks, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Mango Avocado Toasts
- Tofu Tomato Omelette
- Veggie Soya Balls Sub Sandwich
- Fusion Chickoo Tacos
- Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Sesame Balls
- Corn Oats Semolina Pancakes
Prep Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 20-25 min
Serves : 9 (36 mini pizzas approx)
For The Pizza Base :
- 3 cups Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt…. Approx
- Homemade Ghee / Butter As Required
For The Pizza Sauce :
- 1/2 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Red Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbs That Sweet Chilli Sauce
For The Topping :
- 2 cups Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 3 tsp Pizza Seasoning / Oregano
- Salt To Taste
- Chilli Flakes As Desired
- Pizza Cheese As Desired
- To make Mini Corn Pizza, we first need to prep up for the pizza base.
- Start with grinding the sweet corn kernels alongwith the green chilies to get a slightly coarse paste.
- Add to it, the boiled potatoes, rice flour, breadcrumbs and salt. Add just two tablespoons of water and mix well.
- For the pizza sauce, mix the tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce and the Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- For the topping, mix together all the ingredients mentioned above under the heading ‘Topping’, except the red chilli flakes and the cheese.
- To make the pizza, heat a pancake pan or any other pan as desired and grease it with some ghee/butter.
- Pour about 2-2 1/2 tbs of the corn mixture in each hollow and spread lightly to get a circular disc shaped base.
- Drizzle some more ghee over the top surface and increase the heat to medium.
- When the bottom side is almost cooked, flip over the corn cakes and roast well on the other side as well.
- Keep the flame low for a few minutes and then increase it to medium.
- When the flipped side is well browned, flip the corn cakes again and keep the flame low.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of the prepared sauce mixture over it.
- Top it with some of the chopped bell peppers and onion mixture and sprinkle some more pizza seasoning if desired.
- Grate some pizza cheese over it and sprinkle a little red chilli flakes and continue cooking on low heat till the base crisps up and the cheese has melted.
- Serve these healthy and delicious Mini Corn Pizzas, as an evening snack or for breakfast!