The dish, Cajun Spiced Garlic Butter Prawns is a delicious variation to the regular garlic butter Prawns! Cajun Spice mix is readily available in the markets and can be used to experiment with some more dishes too.
Originally I had purchased this spice mix to make Cajun Spiced Potatoes about which I had kept reading and have had them at a buffet spread. But the trial never happened!
It was once during last year’s lockdown that as I was preparing garlic butter prawns, I suddenly thought of adding this Cajun Spice to them to give it a twist and well, it was a hit with the family!
For some more such delicious dishes do take a look at the following recipes too….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20-25 min
Serves : 2
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 25 – 27 Large Prawns
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs Finely Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbs Cajun Spice
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Finely Chopped Basil leaves…. Optional
- Salt To Taste
- To make Cajun Spiced Butter Garlic Prawns, first do away with the outer shells of the prawns and devein them.
- Next rinse them thoroughly under clean water and drain well.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil and the butter to it taking care not to let it burn.
- Tip in the minced garlic and follow up immediately with the prawns.
- Saute for a while and cook further till the prawns are completely tender.
- Add the Cajun Spice mix and mix well.
- Check the taste before adding salt as the Cajun Spice mix generally has some salt in it.
- Add in the chopped basil leaves and toss.
- Finish off with a drizzle of some lemon juice for that extra drama in taste!
- Serve immediately, these absolutely delicious Cajun Spiced Garlic Butter Prawns with some extra lime wedges by the side!