Prawns are often considered to be large sized shrimp, although both come from different families. Still prawns taste similar to shrimp and have a similar nutritional profile. Including prawns in your regular diet means that you get their numerous health benefits.
Garlic flavour goes very well with prawns if teamed up with some butter! Crispy Garlic Prawns is one such dish where the prawns are marinated in garlic seasoning and fried in garlic butter!
For some more fish starters, do take a look at the following recipes too…
Prep Time : 35 min
Cooking Time : 6-7 min
Serves : 2
16 Jumbo Prawns
For the marinade :
1 tbs Lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs Garlic bread seasoning……to be adjusted (if unavailable use garlic powder alongwith some pizza seasoning)
1 tsp Red chilli powder ……to be adjusted
Salt to taste
For the outer coating :
1/2 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
1 pinch Salt
For frying :
Oil As Required
Butter As Required
1. Clean, devein the prawns keeping the tail intact. Wash them thoroughly. Drain all excess water.
2. With a sharp knife cut the prawns from the vein line horizontally, to get two flat halves. Be careful to not cut too much as the prawn needs to be whole. Open up the two parts and flatten applying slight pressure with palms of a thick knife.
3. Apply lemon juice to the prawns and rub into the prawns well.
4. Next, marinate the prawns in the mentioned ingredients.
5. Keep refrigerated for about half an hour. This step is optional though and you can start with coating them immediately too.
6. Beat an egg in a bowl and add a pinch of salt to it. In a dish spread some all purpose flour and in another dish spread some fresh breadcrumbs, which can be obtained by pulsing fresh bread slices in the mixer grinder.
7. First, dust the prawns with all purpose flour to coat well on both sides.
8. Next, dip the coated prawns in beaten egg and immediately roll them in the fresh breadcrumbs to coat well on both sides.
9. Keep refrigerated for about half an hour and pat on both sides for the breadcrumbs to set well on the prawns.
10. In a skillet, heat some oil and add the the butter.
9. Shallow fry the prawns in it till cooked and crispy on both sides.
10. Serve these delicious Crispy Garlic Butter Prawns with some mayo and tomato ketchup and a salad of choice!
Prawns prepared in this way taste subtly delicious and crispy. A very good starter option for parties. Serve with accompanying dips of choice!