Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwich is absolutely delicious, made by combining the most famous tandoori chicken and coleslaw! This is a combination of taste as well as health! Yes, I know that we can’t call mayo as healthy, but when consumed in moderation once a while, it won’t ruin our health! The chicken provides with protein and the raw vegetables, with vitamins.
We all crave for such delicious fast food nowadays. But, we surely can try and make it somewhat nutritious! In this recipe, we can opt for fish tikka too and some other veggies like corn, broccoli, zucchini, etc. if desired. Or just add some sliced boiled egg. Tofu and cottage cheese and the options for vegetarians!
For more such delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Here’s the recipe for Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwich….
Prep Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 40 min
Serves : 4
- 200 gm Chicken Breast
- 8 Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Sliced Onions
- 1/4 cup Sliced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Grated Carrots
- 1/4 cup Finely Shredded Cabbage
- 4 leaves Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Mayonise
- 1/2 cup Tandoori Mayonise
- 4 tsp Green Corriander Mint Chutney
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil / Butter To Baste The Chicken
- Butter as required to toast the sandwiches
For The Marinade :
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbs Hung Curd
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Bedgi Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Corriander Seeds Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil (or any other cooking oil)
- Salt to taste
- To make the Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwich, first thoroughly clean and wash the chicken breast. Drain out all the water.
- Slice it horizontally to get two flat parts. Rub the lemon juice over it and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Mix together all the other ingredients mentioned for the marinade.
- Rub the marinade well over the chicken slices and set aside for about 1/2 an hour or overnight (in the refrigerator).
- Now rinse well the vegetables and slice them finely.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C for 10 min.
- Grease a baking tray and transfer the marinated chicken over it. Baste with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake the chicken for about 20 – 25 minutes or till done, flipping once after about 10 minutes.
- When the chicken breast is fully cooked and brown from the outside, switch off the oven and transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Shred the tandoori chicken and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add to it the mentioned vegetables, the mayonise and tandoori mayonise, corriander chutney, crushed black pepper and mix well.
- To assemble the sandwich, place two bread slices on the working surface. Place some lettuce over it.
- Spread the coleslaw over the leaf and place the other slice over this mixture.
- Heat a grill pan and grease with some butter. Place the sandwich over it and give it a light press.
- When the bottom part is crisp and browned, upturn it with a spatula and roast the other bread slice too.
- When done, switch off the heat. Cut the sandwich diagonally and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve some tomato ketchup and a fruit juice with this delicious Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Sandwich.
The types of mayonise used here and their quantity can be adjusted as per preference, i.e. you can add mustard sauce or use a combination of barbeque sauce and mayonise or any other variety!