Maybe you haven’t heard, but eggs no longer are on the list of bad foods.
Hard boiled eggs are low in calories and a good source of protein. Also they are one of few only foods that contain Vit D. They are also a good source of Vit B12 & E, folic acid, iron and zinc.
Being a great fan of eggs, I like eggs cooked in any way. Made by my mom for my tiffin and sometimes for breakfast, Boiled Egg Sandwich has been one of my most favourite egg preparations!
A quick, healthy and simple dish! For more such healthy dishes do give a try to…..
1 Egg …….Hard boiled
4 slices Bread
4 tsp White homemade fresh butter
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder …….to be adjusted
2 pinches Salt
1. To make the boiled egg sandwich, first boil the egg in hot boiling water for exactly 12 minutes. This gives perfectly hard boiled eggs.
2. When the egg is cooked, drain all the hot water and pour some tap water over the egg to stop it’s further cooking.
3. Peel the outer shell of the egg and slice it uniformly.
4. Cut off the edges of the bread and apply homemade butter over each slice. Place the egg slices over two of the bread slices so as to cover it entirely. Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper over the slices. Place the other buttered slice over the first one and press lightly.
5. Cut into desired shape and serve.
Generally, I prefer white bread slices for this sandwich as it’s taste compliments the boiled eggs totally and this is exactly how I have had it since childhood! Also, in the same way I have always used homemade butter for this sandwich which again complements the overall taste of the sandwich. If using store bought salted butter, do avoid using any salt!
A highly nutritious dish, can be had for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Good idea for tiffins too!