Creamy Tofu In Mint Wraps is a fusion dish, where I have combined the Indian Pudina Parathas with Creamy Tofu to get a new dish, and everyone’s favourite, Wraps!
The Pudina Parathas are in themselves, healthy and delicious. But, sometimes we need a variation from the regular food. But, it is always better to try and keep everything nutritious and still delicious! For the same reason, I combined the healthy tofu grilled in a subtle and delicious marinade with the Minty parathas! The addition of crunchy fresh vegetables, just takes it high on the health quotient!
Though I have used Tofu, you can choose any other filling of your choice. Again, the dips and chutneys used can be changed as per preference!
For more such delicious recipes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Creamy Tofu In Mint Wraps…..
Prep Time : 40 min
Cooking Time : 40 min
Serves : 4
- 4 Pudina Parathas (Mint Flatbread)
- 200 gm Tofu
- 1/2 cup Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Onion
- Tandoori Mayonise/Plain Mayonise
- Corriander Mint Green Chutney
- Rajasthani Lehsun Ki Chutney
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
For The Marination :
- 2 tbs Hung Curd
- 1 tbs Fresh Cream
- 8 Cashewnuts…. Ground into a fine powder
- 1/2 tbs Chickpea Flour (Besan) …. Dry Roasted
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika/Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tbs Garlic Granules/Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- For the Creamy Tofu In Mint Wraps, we first need to make the Pudina Paratha. (Click here for the paratha recipe)
- Next, transfer all the ingredients mentioned for marination, to a mixing bowl and mix them well.
- Cut the tofu lengthwise, into four equal parts and coat the pieces well with the prepared marination.
- Heat a grill pan and add oil and butter to it.
- When it heats up, add the tofu pieces and shallow fry till it is well roasted.
- Drain and transfer to an absorbent paper to remove any excess oil.
- To assemble the wraps, place one Pudina Paratha on a plate.
- Spread some tandoori mayonise over it. Spread a little of Corriander Mint Green Chutney and Rajasthani Lehsun Ki Chutney, too.
- Spread a little salad in the centre. Place a piece of the grilled tofu over it and again spread some sliced fresh salad over it.
- Fold the paratha to make a wrap and seal with a toothpick.
- Make all the wraps in the above manner and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve the delicious Creamy Tofu In Mint Wraps with some more tandoori mayonise or any other dip as per preference.