Batatyaachya Kaachryaa is a simple potato vegetable from Maharashtra. The Marathi name Kaachryaa, implies a stir fry potato (Bataata) preparation which is made slightly crisp. The preparation is fuss free, without the use of any spice powders except turmeric.
Though this vegetable might look very simple, but that itself makes it all the more delicious. A good and healthy alternative to deep fried fries, this vegetable can seriously curb such cravings.
These kaachryaa taste absolutely delicious when teamed with some fresh hot phulkas! This has been one of my most favourite vegetables for tiffins when in school and even later! And, I still love it a lot!
For some more delicious potato vegetables, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 4 cups Thinly Sliced Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt To Taste
For The Tempering :
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- To make Batatyaachya Kaachryaa, first peel and cut the potato into small thin slices and immerse them in clean water and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it. When it heats up add the mustard seeds.
- As soon as they splutter, add the asafoetida and the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Next, drain out all the potato slices and add to the tempering.
- Saute on high flame for 2-3 minutes and add salt to taste.
- Mix well and cover and cook on low heat till the potatoes are done.
- Uncover and increase the flame to high. Toss the sliced potatoes so that they are slightly browned.
- Switch off the flame and serve these delicious Batatyaachya Kaachryaa with phulkas and daal rice.