Chocolates have mesmerised us for ages! Through the years, so many new and delicious flavours have been introduced. The innumerable types of chocolates and chocolate desserts presented in the market today, are simply astounding!
Here, I have tried to bring together few flavours that I love a lot, in this bounty chocolate, and that is of rose, coconut and roasted almonds. Basically I wanted to create this recipe using white chocolate, which is my most favourite. But then I realised that I didn’t have any, and this milk chocolate baking bar was lying in the pantry untouched, shouting loud to be used soon!
Well, and the results are here for you all to see. Everyone just loved this combination a lot! The process is quite simple and doesn’t require too many efforts, though one has to be quick once the melted chocolate mixture is ready as the remainder can start getting slightly hard very soon, and the chocolate simply starts disintegrating instead of sticking around the coconut balls. Hence I would advice to go about that particular step in batches!
For some sweet dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Prep Time : 40 min
Serves : 22 chocolates
- 2 1/4 cups Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Chopped Roasted Almonds
- 1/4 tsp Butter
For The Filling :
- 2 cups Unsweetened Dessicated Coconut
- 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Rose Essence
- 3 tbs Butter
- To make the Roasted Almonds And Rose Bounty Rocks, first melt the butter.
- Mix together the dessicated coconut, powdered sugar, rose essence and melted butter.
- Mix well and transfer to a deep freezer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, roast the almonds adding 1/4 tsp butter to it.
- Cool and chop them finely and set aside till further use.
- Remove the coconut mixture from the freezer and shape into small balls.
- Arrange m on a plate and refrigerate them for about half an hour. This will harden the balls, which can then be easily dipped in the melted chocolate.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces as it facilitates even melting.
- Heat it in two batches on high for 20 secs respectively in the microwave, whisking well each time to melt it well. This can be achieved on a double boiler too.
- Add the chopped almonds to it and mix well.
- Dip each coconut ball in the melted chocolate with a fork and coat it well with chocolate and set aside on a butter paper.
- Sprinkle some sprinklers and dessicated coconut over each rock immediately and set aside.
- Coat all the coconut balls with the melted chocolate mixture.
- Place the rocks in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Cover these Roasted Almonds And Rose Bounty Rocks with colourful wraps for gifting or just serve them immediately for special occasions or parties!