BEETROOTS are one of the healthiest vegetables, but generally disliked by a number of people! They provide us with a lot of iron, but just a slice or two doesn’t help!
Apart from making a vegetable, beetroot parathas taste delicious and appeal to the young as well as old. Best as breakfast or as a change for lunch or dinner!!
For more delicious dishes do give a try to :
1) Sweet Potato Corn Chaat or
Perp : 30 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Total Time : 1 hr
Cooks for : 4
INGREDIENTS FOR BEETROOT PARATHAS :
3 Small beetroots….boiled (Chakundar)
2 cups Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Besan
1/4 cup Quick oats (powdered)
2 Tbs Oil for kneading
2 Tbs curds
1/2 cup Chopped fresh coriander
2-3 Green chillies (as desired)
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Homemade ghee for roasting
METHOD FOR MAKING THE BEETROOT PARATHAS :
1. To begin making the beetroot parathas, first grind together the boiled beets, green chillies, curd, cumin seeds to a fine paste.
2. In a mixing bowl, take the mentioned flours and add the above paste. Add the chopped coriander and salt to taste and knead into a semisoft dough using water as required. Add little oil and knead again. Set aside to rest.
3. Knead well after a few minutes and divide into 8 balls or as desired.
4. Roll into parathas and roast on a hot griddle using little homemade ghee.
5. Serve hot with some green corriander chutney and tomato ketchup by the side or a healthy Gaajar Flower Taaja Loncha if desired.
A very healthy option for tiffins too.
A suggested variation …… Add little finely chopped onions to the dough just before making the parathas, knead well and roll lightly. Tastes like beetroot thalipeeth. Relish with some homemade butter on top!