Tomato Burrata Salad is a simple and absolutely refreshing dish. It is totally apt for the harsh summers. The slight sweetness of the tomatoes and the creaminess of the burrata are complemented well by the crunch of the walnuts and the delicious pesto!
For some more healthy salads, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Watermelon Feta Salad With Walnut Basil Pesto
- Mix Veggie Couscous Salad
- Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing
- Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad
- Watermelon And Pasta Salad With A Mango Pesto Dressing
Here’s the recipe for the healthy and delicious Tomato Burrata Salad….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : NA
Serves : 1
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes…. Sliced
- 1 Burrata Cheese Ball
- 4 Roughly Chopped Walnuts
- 2-3 Finely Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves For Garnishing
- As Required Walnut Basil Pesto
For The Basil Walnut Pesto :
- 10-12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Tiny Garlic Clove
- 4 Walnuts
- 2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Grated Processed/Pizza Cheese… Optional
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tiny pinch Salt
- For the Tomato Burrata Salad, first and foremost extract the burrata ball from the water it is immersed in and set aside to drain well.
- Next rinse well the tomatoes and slice them.
- Place these slices over a dish and sprinkle the chopped walnuts over it.
- Halve the burrata and place in the centre. Alternatively it can be cubed and spread over the tomatoes.
- Either use a pre prepared pesto or just blend the ingredients mentioned above for the pesto, together and set aside till further use.
- Drizzle the pesto over the salad and the burrata as well.
- Garnish this delicious salad with some chopped walnuts and basil leaves and serve!