Salads are healthy and the best way to beat the summer heat! Watermelon and mango are both summer fruits having their own nutritional value and of course hold their own place in terms of taste.
Well, I generally try to make salads with whatever is available at home and love mixing a few things here and there to create innovative salad dressings. The Salad I have presented here is just one more of my experiments which was a hit with the family!
For some more such salads, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad
- Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing
- Watermelon Feta Salad With Walnut Basil Pesto
- Mix Veggie Couscous Salad
Here’s the recipe for the refreshingly delicious Watermelon And Pasta Salad With A Mango Pesto Salad Dressing…
Prep Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 10-15 min (For The Pasta)
Serves : 2
Cup Used :200 ml
- 2 Cups Diced Watermelon (Chilled)
- 1 1/2 cup Roughly Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup Boiled Al-Dente Pasta
- A Few Mango Cubes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- As Desired Crumbled Feta Cheese
For The Salad Dressing :
- 1/3 cup Roughly Mashed Ripe Alphonso Mango
- 1 1/2 tbs Walnut Basil Pesto
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2-3 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- To make Watermelon And Pasta Salad With A Mango Pesto Dressing, mix together all the ingredients mentioned under the heading, Salad Dressing and set aside.
- Next, add the chilled watermelon cubes, shredded lettuce, a few mango cubes, boiled pasta and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add half the salad dressing and give it a good toss.
- Plate the salad in a serving bowl and drizzle the other half of the salad dressing over it.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve chilled.