Salads are healthy, refreshing and can double up as a side to any dish or act as a meal in itself. Summers do call for such colourful and delectable foods which keep us feeling light and satisfied.
Watermelon Feta Salad With Walnut Basil Pesto is one such dish which can be prepared in a jiffy and is so delicious and refreshing, that one keeps asking for more.
For some more Salads, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Mix Veggie Couscous Salad
- Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing
- Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Watermelon Feta Salad With Walnut Basil Pesto….
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : NA
Serves : 1-2
- 2 cups Diced Watermelon (1″ cubes)
- As Preferred Lettuce (Iceberg + Red Oak)
- 2 tbs Roughly Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tsp Crumbled Feta Cheese… Or As Desired
- A Few Basil Leaves
For The Salad Dressing :
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chipotle Adobado Sauce (Slightly sweet sauce with a tinge of spice and a lovely smoke flavour)
- 2 – 3 tsp Homemade Walnut Basil Pesto
- To make Watermelon Feta Salad With Walnut Basil Pesto, arrange the Lettuce on the serving dish.
- Top with chilled diced watermelon and some chopped walnuts.
- Crumble some feta cheese and a few roughly torn basil leaves over it.
- Finally, drizzle the prepared dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately as a side or just as a light meal!
In case the Chipotle Adobado Sauce is unavailable, do try adding some honey and a bit of smoked paprika. Be careful not to overdo it to avoid overpowering the pesto!