Peas And Carrot Pulao in restaurant style is a simple rice dish with subtle flavours and a slight sweetness! Pulao or Pilaf as it is called in some places, is widely available in restaurants and in many varieties.
One such pulao is a simple, slightly yellow one with minimum vegetables and a slight sweet tinge to it’s flavour. It pairs very well with gravy vegetables and delicious daals. Being a no onion no garlic dish, this pulao can be made on auspicious occasions too or for parties or even tiffins due to it’s easy method!
For more such recipes, do take a look at the following recipes too…
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Peas And Carrot Pulao in Restaurant Style…
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati Rice Grains
- 3 cups Boiling Hot Water
- 3/4 cup Green Peas
- 3/4 cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tbs Homemade Ghee
Whole Spices For The Tempering :
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Green Cardamoms
- 3 sticks Cinnamon (1″ each)
- 2 Dry Bay Leaves
To Be Roasted :
- 2 tbs Homemade Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Halved Cashewnuts
- To make Peas And Carrot Pulao in restaurant style, first rinse the basmati rice twice and soak it in sufficient clean water for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Drain it after the said time and set aside.
- Peel and chop the carrots and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it for tempering.
- As it heats up, add the above mentioned whole spices.
- As soon as they splutter, add the turmeric powder, carrots and green peas.
- Saute for 2 – 3 minutes and add the drained rice.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee and saute further for 2 – 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the water till it comes to a rolling boil.
- Add it to the rice and keeping the flame high, mix lightly. Add sugar and salt to taste and stir.
- Cook uncovered on high heat till about half of the water has evaporated.
- Lower the heat to low at this stage and cook covered further for few minutes.
- Once the rice is fully cooked and all the water has evaporated, switch off the flame and keep covered further for about 10 minutes more.
- Next, heat the ghee in a small kadhai and slightly roast the cashewnuts. Add them to the pulao and mix lightly.
- Serve this delicious Peas And Carrot Pulao with an accompaniment such as daal or a curry and a cooling Boondi Raita by the side!
Some accompaniments to go along with the Pulao….