Mushrooms, which are actually a type of fungi come with numerous health benefits. These can be classified as poisonous or non poisonous. The edible ones though are available in many varieties. Mushrooms are fat free, low calorie, low sodium and cholesterol free. They are also packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Well, in my mom’s house in Karwar, a mushroom curry was always prepared. The mushrooms used then were different from the ones we get here and had a lovely flavour, says she. Only button mushrooms are the ones available in the place I live, and seriously these don’t have any taste in particular.
Once I just thought of experimenting with the mushrooms I had, and added a few basic spices to it in the stir fry. The result was awesome and we just loved the simple yet delicious flavour, which was enhanced by the use of homemade ghee. When we fall short of ideas while cooking something as a side dish with daal rice, this stir fry can surely come handy as a delicious as well as nutritious option.
For some more delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Garlic Mushrooms Stir Fry
- Paneer Stir Fry Masala
- Beetroot Bhaaji (Quick Stir Fry Beetroot Vegetable)
- Methi Chi Bhaaji (Fenugreek Leaves Dry Vegetable)
- Aaloo Methi
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
Serves : 2
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 200 gm Mushrooms
- 1 tbs Homemade Ghee/Butter
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Corriander Seeds Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- Salt To Taste
- To make Chatpata Masala Mushrooms, rinse the mushrooms under clean water and set aside.
- If the top surface has blackened a bit, then peel away the top thin layer of the mushrooms. This helps in doing away with any dirt stuck to them.
- Quarter the large ones and halve the smaller ones.
- Heat a pan and add the ghee to it. When it heats up add the mushrooms and saute on high heat.
- Once the water released by the mushrooms evaporates, lower the heat add the mentioned spice powders and mix well.
- Check seasoning and add salt as required. Toss well.
- Saute further for a few minutes and switch off the flame.
- Serve these lipsmaking Chatpata Masala Mushrooms as a starter or as an accompaniment with Vegetable Masala Pulao or Daal Tadka and Jeera Rice.
All the above spice powders can be adjusted slightly as per preference.