Batata Bhaaji is basically a potato stir fry vegetable. Potato/Batata is such a versatile vegetable that apart from being added to many veg as well as non veg dishes, you can find umpteen recipes for it’s stir fry all over India. And I suppose such stir fry is generally one of the most loved of all vegetable preparations!
Batata Bhaaji/Potato Veg For Dosa is one such vegetable preparation where boiled potatoes are stir fried in onions and tomatoes with some basic spices. Inspite of being a simple dish, it is so delicious that it can be relished with chapatis/rotis and daal rice too.
For some more such delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Batatyachya Kaachrya
- Poori Bhaaji / Sukki Batata Bhaaji With Pooris
- Aaloo Methi
- Kaanda Batata Rassa
- Bataata Nu Shaak
Prep Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 Large Onion… Thinly Sliced
- 1 Medium Tomato… Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/4 cup Corriander Leaves… Chopped Finely
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar… Optional
- Salt To Taste
For The Tempering :
- 3-4 tbs cup Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 Green Chillies… Chopped
- 1 tsp Udid Daal
- 1 tsp Chanaa Daal
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- To make Batata Bhaaji for Dosa, clean and boil the potatoes in sufficient water till fully cooked.
- Peel and cube the potatoes and set aside till further use.
- Rinse and soak the udid daal and chanaa daal in clean water and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it. Add the mustard seeds to it.
- As soon as they splutter, add the asafoetida and the soaked udid and chanaa daal.
- Stir and add in the green chillies and curry leaves.
- Next, add the sliced onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder and stir. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Cook further till the tomatoes are mushy and the onions soft.
- Add the potato cubes, salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes more.
- Garnish with the chopped corriander and switch off the flame.
- Use this delicious Batata Bhaaji to make Masala Dosa or just serve with chapatis and some daal rice.