Chatpataa Lacchaa Parathaa is a quick breakfast dish which can easily double up as a delicious option for tiffin, lunch or dinner! Many times we do get bored with the regular breakfast dishes or are seriously short of time for whipping up something filling and delicious for breakfast. It is at such times that this recipe comes handy, especially if you have some kneaded flour in the refrigerator!
Adding some spices readily available in almost all homes, it takes minimum amount of time to prepare this dish. Again these spices together give a very delicious (Chatpata) flavour to this wholesome dish!
For some more delicious Parathas, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Aaloo Parathaa
- Pudina Parathaa
- Paalak Parathaa
- Quick Aaloo Parathaa
- Paalak Paneer Parathaa
- Paalak Parathaa
- Leftover Aaloo Ragdaa Methi Parathaa
- Beetroot Parathaa
- Rataalyaache Parathey
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 3-4 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used :200 ml
- 2 1/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tbs Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- As Required Water
- As Required Homemade Ghee (Clarified Butter)
For The Masala :
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds (Ajwain/Owaa)
- 4 tsp Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- Salt To Taste
- To make Chatpataa Lacchaa Parathaa, first knead the whole wheat flour alongwith 2 tbs oil, 1/2 tsp salt and water as required to get a semi soft dough.
- Add the remaining 1 tbs oil and knead well again and set aside covered with a lid for about half an hour or till further use.
- Next, mix all the ingredients mentioned for the masala in a mixing bowl.
- To make the parathaa, knead the dough well, once again and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out one part into a large circular disc, using some flour for dusting in the process.
- Spread some clarified butter on the entire rolled out roti and sprinkle some flour over it.
- Next, sprinkle 1/4 th of the ready masala mixture over it and fold over the upper half part over the lower half as shown in the picture below.
- Next, spread some clarified butter over half part of the folded semicircle. Sprinkle some flour over it and once again fold over the lower half of the roti over the upper half.
- Repeat this process of spreading clarified butter over the half part, sprinkling flour over it and folding it again until you get a long tube of the dough.
- Stretch it slightly with your hands and roll it into a spiral. Lock the end of the tube below the spiral and press it down slightly with your hands.
- Dust this coil into some flour and roll out into a slightly medium thick parathaa (flatbread).
- Roast it on a hot griddle on medium flame for a few seconds, first till small bubbles appear on the top surface.
- Flip and roast on high heat till brown spots appear on the flipped surface.
- Spread some clarified butter on the top half roasted surface and flip again.
- Roast this side on high heat, applying some pressure with a spatula on the edges of the parathaa.
- Spread some clarified butter on the top surface and once again flip it. Roast it just for about a minute or two or till it becomes slightly crispy.
- Transfer this roasted parathaa to a plate and spread some clarified butter or even some homemade butter over it.
- Repeat the same steps till all the parathaas are done.
- Place the parathas on your palms and crush them slightly by cupping your palms so that all the layers are separated well.
- Serve these delicious Chatpataa Lacchaa Parathaa with dips of choice, some cooling Paalak Raita and a steaming hot Masala Chai for a filling breakfast!
Pictures depicting the cooking process….