Mix Veggie Couscous Salad is nutritious as well as delicious too! A simple and quick dish with healthy veggies and simple flavours, this is a great option for a light meal.
Couscous is very nutritious and is made from semolina. It has a number of health benefits and is a good low calorie option when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle. The added veggies up the overall nutrition quotient!
Nowadays instant couscous is available in most supermarkets and can be cooked in literally 5 minutes. The procedure for the same and water to be used is mentioned on the pack itself. Still, sometimes it may happen that some more hot water than what has been mentioned might be required to get a fluffy couscous.
The Adobado Sauce I have used here has a sort of barbecue + sweet chilli sauce type flavour with a slight spiciness. Hence I have mentioned the other sauces to be used to get the desired flavour.
For some more healthy salads do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad
- Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing
- Mulyaachi Koshimbir
- Phodnichi Koshimbir
- Gaajaraachi Koshimbir
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Serves : 2
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 1/4 cup Instant Couscous
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 cup Cubed Onion
- 1 cup Cubed Mixed Bell Peppers (Red, Green, Yellow)
- 10 Button Mushrooms (Quartered or Halved)
- 1/4 cup Cubed Boiled Potato/Sweet Potato/Boiled Beetroot
- 2-3 tbs Roasted And Peeled Peanuts
- 2 1/2 tsp Chipotle Adobado Sauce… Mexican Chilli Sauce (Or Barbecue Sauce + Sweet Chilli Sauce + red chilli powder…. As desired)
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves…. Roughly crushed
- To make Mix Veggie Couscous Salad, soak the couscous in hot water and cover it.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes or till it turns fluffy. After the said time, fluff it up with a fork.
- In the meantime, heat a pan and add oil to it. Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add in the onions and saute on medium heat till translucent.
- Next, add the mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes or till they are slightly cooked.
- Add the bell peppers and saute further on medium heat for a few minutes.
- To this, add the boiled potatoes and saute further for a few minutes.
- Add in the mentioned sauce, salt to taste and the couscous. Mix it well into the mixture.
- Switch off the heat and transfer to a serving plate and top it with some roasted peanuts.
- Serve whislt warm, this deliciously nutritious Mix Veggie Couscous Salad with Cream Of Tomato Soup or any other soup of choice!