Mix Veg Besan Bread Toasts is a dish made using some healthy vegetables combined with chickpea flour and whole wheat bread. Toasting it on the griddle rather than frying is always a good option. This makes it nutritious as well as filling!
Many a times we wonder what should be made for breakfast or evening snacks or even for kids tiffins. Mix Veg Besan Bread Toasts is an easy dish which can be made quickly and is apt to satisfy the hungerpangs and cravings for something delicious. Apart from the vegetables used in this recipe, you can always add to it some finely grated beetroot or even some roughly crushed sweet corn!
For some more such delicious snacks, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- Veg Coleslaw Toast Sandwiches
- Creamy Corn Toasts
- Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwiches
- Veg Junglee Toast Sandwich
- Baked Beans On Toast
- Mango Avocado Toasts
- Garlic Cheese Veggie Toasts
- 4 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 3/4 cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbs Rice Flour
- 4 tbs Semolina (Rawa/Sooji)
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 1/4 cup Finely Grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Tomato
- 1/4 cup Chopped Corriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 tsp Spicy Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt To Taste
- As Required Homemade Ghee
- As Required Chaat Masala for Garnishing
- To make Mix Veg Besan Bread Toasts, mix together all the above mentioned ingredients except ghee.
- Add about 1/2 a cup of water and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In this period, vegetables will release some water and the consistency of the mixture will change slightly.
- Mix again and check if the mixture is of spreadable consistency, i.e. medium thick.
- Heat a griddle and grease it with some ghee.
- Spread some mixture over a bread slice and place it on the griddle with the batter side touching the griddle.
- Apply some pressure on the top surface with a spatula and drizzle some more ghee from the sides.
- After about 2 minutes, increase the heat to medium and spread some mixture on the top surface of the bread.
- Drizzle some ghee over it and when the bottom side is well cooked, flip the bread and apply some pressure on the top with a spatula.
- Roast the flipped side too on medium heat till the mixture is cooked and the toast is crispy.
- Transfer the toasts to a serving plate and repeat the same till all bread slices are toasted.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the them and serve these delicious Mix Veg Besan Bread Toasts with some Kothimbir Pudina Chatni and sweet chilli sauce.
Pictures depicting the cooking process…