Burnt Garlic Fried Rice is a garlic flavoured Chinese rice dish. Chinese food was introduced in India many years back, but I still wonder whether we get the same in China too!? Well, the flavours here are almost Indianised as well as some of the ingredients too.
Fried rice is a very delicious and famous dish in India, then may it be veg or non veg and is available in almost all restaurants. Another version available is the Burnt Garlic Fried Rice which I have presented here. The garlic gives it an aromatic yet subtle and delicious garlicky flavour.
For some more rice dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Prep Time : 25 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 3/4 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Spring Onions Whites
- 2-3 cups Chopped Spring Onions Greens
- 1 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 3/4 cup Chopped Cartots
- 3/4 cups Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Cooking Vinegar
- 5-6 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt To Taste
For The Tempering :
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 3 tbs Finely Chopped Garlic
- To make Burnt Garlic Veg Fried Rice, first wash the basmati rice twice and soak it in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Next, heat the mentioned water and add some salt to it. As the water reaches a rolling boil, drain and add in the rice grains.
- Stir slightly, keeping the flame on high. When the water once again starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low heat till all the water is soaked up and the rice is cooked. This ensures we get a less fluffy rice which is what we need for fried rice.
- Next, heat a wok or a pan and add oil to it. As it heats up, add the garlic and stir for a few seconds on high heat till they are slightly burnt.
- Add in the spring onion whites and the red onion and saute on high for a minute or two.
- To this, add the chopped carrots and green bell pepper and keep sautéing on high till they are slightly softened.
- Reduce the heat and add the mentioned sauces, vinegar, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the spring onion greens and the cooked rice. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Give it a good toss and adjust taste. Serve this simple and delicious Burnt Garlic Veg Fried Rice for lunch, dinner or even for tiffins with a gravy of choice!