Phodnicha bhaat is dish made generally from leftover rice. There are various ways in which leftover rice is used. One such way is to temper it.
In this recipe, very few ingredients are used, and is very simple to cook. The sweetness of the onions and the flavour of malvani masala blend very well and impart a very delicious taste to the leftover rice.
For some more delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Here’s the recipe for the delicious Phodnicha Bhaat….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
Serves : 2-3
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 3 cups Finely Chopped Onions
- 4 cups Steamed Rice
- 3 tsp Malvani Masala
- Salt To Taste
For The Tempering :
- 3 tbs Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 8 Garlic Cloves…. Roughly Crushed
- To make Phodnicha Bhaat, heat a kadhai and add oil to it.
- When it heats up, add the mustard seeds. As soon as they splutter, add the asafoetida and the crushed garlic.
- Saute for a minute and add the onions. Cover and cook till they turn translucent.
- Next, add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- When the onions are soft and cooked, add the malvani masala and mix well.
- Add the steamed rice and salt to taste. Mix well and cover and cook further for about two minutes.
- Switch off the heat and serve this delicious Phodnicha Bhaat with some cooling buttermilk by the side!
Though generally this dish is made using leftover rice, it is perfectly alright to even use freshly cooked rice for the same!