Baked Beans On Toast is a delicious and simple dish which can be easily prepared. Canned beans with a ready tomato sauce are used in this preparation.
Either they can be had just as they are with some sausages and sunny side up eggs or even toasts, or they can be cooked as shown in this recipe and then had with toasts with some cheese if desired!
For some more such dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Here’s the recipe for Baked Beans On Toast….
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 4 min
Serves : 3 (6 toasts)
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 6 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- 1 tin Baked Beans (450 gm)
- 1 cup Chopped Onion (1 medium Onion)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika/Red Chilli Powder… To be adjusted as per preference
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Butter as required for toasting the bread slices
- Cheese as desired
For The Tempering :
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Grated Garlic
- To make Baked Beans On Toast, heat a pan and add the oil and butter to it.
- As it heats up, add the grated garlic and saute without letting it burn.
- Immediately add the chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- When the onion is soft enough, add the entire tin of baked beans and the paprika and cumin powder.
- Mix well and add about 1/4 cup of water.
- Boil the mixture and adjust seasoning. You can add in some sugar if desired.
- Switch off the flame and cover with a lid and set the beans aside till further use.
- Next, heat a griddle and add the butter to it.
- Toast the bread slices on it till slightly browned and crisp on both sides.
- Place the bread toasts on serving plates and spoon out the baked beans mixture over each slice.
- Spread evenly and grate some cheese over it.
- Serve these Baked Beans On Toast for breakfast or evening snack or even for a light dinner.