Creamy Corn Toasts is a delicious breakfast dish which can even double up as an evening snack or even as a light dinner. Just as the name suggests, the overall taste is creamy and when teamed with whole wheat bread, it becomes healthy too!
Sweet corn has a number of health benefits and it’s sweet taste imparts a wonderful flavour to the dishes in which it is used! In this recipe, I have ground 2/3 rd of the boiled corn to make it creamy and teamed it with some white sauce. The rest of the corn has been kept whole for the added crunch! The cheddar and pizza cheese just adds up to the overall taste and makes this dish quite filling too!
For some more delicious options, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Mango Avocado Toasts
- Veggie Soya Balls Sub Sandwich
- Tandoori Chicken Coleslaw Toast Sandwich
- Veg Junglee Toast Sandwich
- Garlic Cheese Veggie Toast
- Healthy Fruity Sandwich
- 8 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- 3 cups Boiled Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes …. To be adjusted
- 1 tsp Pizza Seasoning …. To be adjusted
- Salt to taste
- Garlic Butter as Required for toasting the Bread
- Pizza/Processed cheese as Required
- To make Creamy Corn Toasts, first heat a pan and add butter to it.
- When it heats up, add the whole wheat flour and roast it for half a minute.
- Next, start adding the milk, just a little at a time, and keep sauteing the mixture to break the lumps if any.
- Gradually add all the milk a little at a time, all the while sauteeing the mixture continuously till it reaches a boiling point.
- Grind coarsely, 2 cups of the boiled corn and add it to the milk mixture.
- Mix well and add salt to taste and the chilli flakes.
- Next, add the remaining boiled corn and mix well.
- Add the pizza seasoning and once again give it a good mix.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese and mix.
- When the mixture thickens, switch off the flame and set it aside.
- For the toasts, apply garlic butter on both sides of the bread slices and place them on a baking tray.
- Spread the prepared mixture over each buttered bread slice and grate some pizza cheese over it.
- Bake the corn bread at 220° C in a preheated oven for about 6-7 minutes or till the top is slightly browned and the bread is crisped!
- Serve these delicious Creamy Corn Toasts for a filling breakfast or an evening snack!