Cheesy Tandoori Aaloo is a fusion dish where I have combined tandoori aaloo with some cheesy mayo stuffing! Aaloo, i.e. potatoes are marinated with a tandoori sauce and baked with a delicious cheesy stuffing.
Potatoes are actually very nutritious, but if had in the right way. In this dish, boiling and then baking help us keep the nutrients intact upto a certain level, not to forget the addition of the nutritious cottage cheese and bell peppers!
We all crave for some delicious, junk food at some time or the other, or just a slight variation from our regular meals. This dish when served with some fresh salad, not only satisfies our cravings but is quite filling too inspite of being very nutritious!
It so happened that the other day a litre of milk split while boiling, and I made some paneer out of it. Well, the resulting dish is right here for presentation along with those tikkas on the plate which made our lunch today!
For some more delicious and nutritious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too ….
- Sprouted Raagi And Oats Cutlets
- Chanaa Chaat
- Fusion Chickoo Tacos
- Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Sesame Balls
- Prawn Cutlets
- Kobiche Bhanoley
- Mango Avocado Toasts
Here’s the recipe for Cheesy Tandoori Aaloo ….
Prep Time : 25 min
Cooking Time : 13-15 min
Serves : 2
- 3 Large Potatoes
- Oil As Required For Greasing The Baking Tray
For The Tandoori Marinade :
- 1 tbs Hung Curd (Chakka)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
For The Stuffing :
- 6 tbs Grated Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 3 tbs Grated Processed Cheese
- 1 tbs Chopped Corriander Leaves
- 2 tbs Mayonise
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika / Chilli Flakes …. To be adjusted as per preferrence
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder / Garlic Paste
- 3 tbs Finely Chopped Mixed Coloured Bell Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow)
- 1/2 quantity Scooped Out Boiled Potato Mash
- Salt To Taste
- Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes in sufficient water, uncovered in a colander, or till done. Avoid overcooking.
- When the potatoes are just done, drain out all the water and let cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them horizontally into two equal parts.
- Scoop out the mid portion of the boiled potatoes, to make small hollows in them.
- Transfer the scooped out boiled potato to a mixing bowl and mash it.
- Add to it all the ingredients mentioned for the stuffing and give it a good mix.
- In the meantime mix all the ingredients mentioned for the tandoori marinade and smear it well over the peeled and scooped boiled potatoes from all sides.
- Place these over a greased baking tray and fill up their hollows with the prepared stuffing.
- Smear them with some melted butter, though this step is totally optional and I have avoided doing it.
- Bake these potatoes in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 13 – 15 minutes.
- Serve these delicious Cheesy Tandoori Aaloo with some Fresh Vegetable Mayo Salad by the side!
Pictures depicting the process :