Egg Bhurji Paav is a type of scrambled eggs dish, made in Indian style using onions, tomatoes and green chillies for some spice. Paav is basically bread which is always served with egg bhurji, then may it be served plain or slightly toasted in butter or ghee.
Egg bhurji, also called as Andaa Bhurji is a famous Maharashtrian dish. You can find a number of street stalls selling this bhurji in various regions, especially in the streets of Mumbai! The sauteed onions and tomatoes give these scrambled eggs a delicious flavour, especially when sauteed in homemade ghee!
For some more delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
Here’s the recipe for Egg Bhurji Paav…
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
Serves : 2
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- 2 tbs Oil
- 2 tbs Homemade Ghee
- To make the delicious Egg Bhurji Paav, heat a pan and add oil to it. Add the ghee at the same time.
- When it heats up, add the chopped green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute on high to medium heat till they turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder and saute further for about two minutes.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and smash the tomatoes with the back of the spoon.
- Break open the eggs and add to the sauteed mixture. Increase the flame and saute constantly to split the eggs into shreds, whislt they cook.
- Add some chopped corriander leaves and mix well.
- Reduce the flame to low and let the eggs cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are well cooked, switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish the mouthwatering Egg Bhurji Paav with the remaining chopped coriander leaves and serve it with toasted bread slices!