Mango Avocado Toasts is an absolutely delicious and nutritious breakfast dish which can be a wonderful start to a day! The recipe is quite simple and the dish can be put up in just a few minutes. A filling and nutritious breakfast gives us a lot of energy to glide easily through the daily grind!
Avocado and mango are both superfoods and delicious in their own ways. A guac made by combining these two, just creates a wonderful burst of flavours. To be topped with some sauteed vegetables and a little cheese, takes this dish to another level. Not to forget the flavour contributed by the multigrain bread! Again, this can prove to be an awesome topping on sweet or savoury pancakes too!
I love avocados and guacamole. Have always added a little mango puree to it! In this recipe, went a step further and added a whole cubed mango to it and the result was awesome. My family just loved this dish, especially the subtle sweetness imparted by the mango! To understand this, you seriously have to try this dish! Take my word on it, you won’t be dissapointed!!
For more such delicious dishes, do take a look at the following recipes too….
- Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing
- Chanaa Chaat
- Healthy Haraa Chanaa Peanut Sesame Balls
- Dadpae Pohe
- Mandakki Oggarne
- Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad
Here’s the recipe for Mango Avocado Toasts….
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 6-7 min
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
For The Toasts :
- 8 Slices Multigrain Bread
- Homemade Ghee or Butter as required
For The Mango Guacamole :
- 1 cup Smashed Avocado (2 Avocados)
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Cubed Mango
- 2 tbs Mango Puree
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Finely grated Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Finely minced Green Chilli/Jalapeno
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
For The Topping :
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sliced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 cup Thinly sliced Purple Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- Mixed Herbs/Pizza Seasoning
- Grated Cheese As Desired
- To make Avocado Toasts in 10 minutes, first heat a small pan and add olive oil to it.
- When it heats up add the sliced yellow bell pepper and the green bell pepper and saute on high flame for about a minute.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and saute on high for about half a minute and add the sugar.
- Saute and add salt to taste and the smoked paprika, mix well and switch off the flame.
- At the same time, start heating a griddle for the toasts and grease it with homemade ghee or butter.
- Whislt it heats up, transfer all the ingredients mentioned for the guacamole to a mixing bowl and give it a good mix.
- Place slices of bread on the hot greased griddle and apply some ghee on the top part too.
- Immediately flip the bread and apply about 2 heaped tablespoons of mango guacamole over it.
- Sprinkle some chopped purple cabbage and mixed herbs over it.
- Top with some of the sauteed vegetables, chopped onions and a little grated cheese.
- Toast the bread on high flame for about 2-3 minutes till the cheese melts and the bread is crisp.
- Serve these delicious and nutritious Mango Avocado Toasts for breakfast for a delicious start to the day!
Pictures depicting the procedure :