Summers call for salads, when the heat starts rising and a light meal is all that is required. Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad is a combination of nutritious vegetables tossed together with a subtle delicious garlic flavour. Cottage cheese has been added to it for some protein and added taste.
The dressing for this salad is simple with just some soya sauce and honey which has been drizzled towards the end to give a slight sweetness to the salad. Here I have just combined some ingredients which were available at home to impart a delicious flavour to this dish. The garlic and the fruits in addition to the sweetness of honey create a burst of flavour with each bite!
If you love salads, do check out the Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing too!
Recipe for Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad….
Prep Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 15 min
Serves : 3-4
- 200 gm Cubed Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1 cup Cubed Cucumber
- 1 cup Boiled Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Chopped French Beans (1″ long)
- 1 cup Cubed Mixed Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green)
- 1 Boiled Potato…. Cubed
- 2 tbs Peanuts
- 2 tbs Boiled Jackfruit Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Arils
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pineapple
- 1 tsp Finely Grated Garlic
- 2 Dry Red Chillies …. Deseeded
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- Salt To Taste
- To make Burnt Garlic Veggie Salad, heat a pan and add the oil to it. Roast the raw peanuts till browned and set aside.
- To the same oil, whislt hot, add the garlic and roughly broken dry red chillies and saute.
- Add the chopped french beans and saute for about a minute.
- Next, add the boiled sweet corn and saute in high heat to roast it a bit.
- Cube the cottage cheese and add it to the pan. Roast on both sides for a minute or two until slightly charred.
- Add in the cubed bell peppers, boiled jackfruit seeds and the boiled potatoes. Saute further for just a minute or two.
- Reduce the heat and add the black pepper powder, smoked paprika, dark soya sauce and salt to taste.
- Saute for a minute and switch off the heat. Cool down a bit.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add in the pomegranate arils, chopped pineapple, roasted peanuts, chopped cucumbers and mix well.
- Drizzle honey over the salad and give it a good toss.
- Serve this nutritious and filling colourful salad for lunch or dinner!