Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing is a delicious and filling salad with a citrusy mixed herbs dressing. With summers becoming intense, we sometimes need such foods to keep us full, yet refreshed!
For this salad, the vegetables and chickpeas have been roasted with some mixed herbs which lend it a unique flavour. The orange juice and black salt just add to the zing!
For some more refreshing sides, do take a look at the following recipes too…
- 1 cup Boiled Sweet Potato…Peeled And Cubed
- 3/4 cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Cubed Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cubed Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cubed Green Bell Pepper
- 3/4 cup Cubed Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Cubed Tomato
- Few Mint Leaves …. Roughly shreded
- Black Salt As Required
For The Seasoning :
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
For The Salad Dressing :
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Puree …. Slightly Tangy
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt …. To be adjusted
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- For this delicious Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad, first rinse the vegetables in clean water and drain.
- Next chop them into cubes and set aside.
- Arrange the cubed bell peppers on a baking tray.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and cubed sweet potato, to it.
- Drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle the mixed herbs and sea salt over it.
- Give it a good mix and spread it over the baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes, at 220° C.
- In the meantime to prepare it’s dressing, mix together the fresh orange puree, black salt, honey and smoked paprika.
- Adjust these ingredients as per taste. Shred a few mint leaves and set aside.
- When the baking is done, transfer the baked ingredients to a mixing bowl and let it cool down a bit.
- Add to it the shredded mint leaves, cubed cucumbers and tomatoes and mix.
- Next, pour the prepared salad dressing over it and give it a good toss. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve this delicious and nutritious Chickpea And Sweet Potato Salad In Citrus Dressing for a light lunch or dinner!