Sauces are such an important part of our cooking. Many a times they form the base of many dishes. There are a number of sauces made throughout the world, all varying as per the regions and their cuisines.
Slow Roasted Tomato Garlic Sauce is an absolutely delicious and versatile sauce with a shelf life of a few days too, if stored in a refrigerator. The slow roasting process creates a wonderful flavour as during the process, the flavours of all the ingredients assimilate well.
This sauce when mixed with a little white sauce, creates magic when used to prepare pasta. It can even be mixed with a little tomato ketchup or barbeque sauce to be used as a pizza sauce or even in grilled sandwiches with a veg or non veg filling of choice! And I suppose, it would work well in a baked casserole as well! We can still find ways to use it though, as it’s flavour creates umpteen choices!
Here’s the recipe for Slow Roasted Tomato Garlic Sauce….
Prep Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
Yields : 1 1/2 cups
- 5 Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 5 large Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- To make the Slow Roasted Tomato Garlic Sauce, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, red chilles and saute for a minute.
- Add the mixed herbs and mix well. Set aside till further use, so that all the flavours get infused in the oil.
- Halve the tomatoes and the onion. Place them cut side facing upwards on a greased baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil along with the garlic and red chillies on each of them
- Roast in a preheated oven for 30 min at 220° C.
- When done, set aside to cool.
- Grind the cooled ingredients to a fine paste, adding sugar and salt as required.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.