Garlic Mushroom Stir Fry is a simple dish made using the least number of ingredients! The more simple we keep a dish, more easier it is to maintain the original flavour of the vegetable. This type of stir fry goes well with any meal or can be had just like that alongside a bowl of hot soup.
Mushrooms are not new to our culture. They were cooked in my mom’s village too, in a roasted onion coconut gravy, though the variety of mushrooms they used were different. I have used the mushrooms which are available in my local market. This is indeed a versatile vegetable, as it can be easily incorporated in different cooking styles. This recipe too, has been passed down to me by my mom, who keeps on watching cookery shows in whichever regional languages she can and tries out the healthy and simple recipes immediately. Well, and then they are passed down to me!
As you have probably heard, mushrooms are good for you. So good, that they have been used as medicine! Mushrooms are superfoods and one of the most health promoting foods on the planet. Almost 50% of edible mushrooms are considered functional foods, meaning that they have a potentially positive effect on health beyond basic nutrition.
Did you know that mushrooms have stunning powers not only to heal people, but the planet as well! You can find detailed reports on the same on the net, exactly from where I too source such information!
For some more delicious recipes, do take a look at the following dishes too….
3. Paav Bhaaji
Here’s the recipe for the deliciously nutritious Garlic Mushroom Stir Fry….
Serves : 4
Prep Time : 20 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
- 400 gm Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tbs Homemade Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 2 tsp Grated Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder…… To be adjusted
- Salt to taste
- To make the Garlic Mushroom Stir Fry, first clean the mushrooms thoroughly with hot water. Drain out all the water and let the mushrooms dry a bit.
- Cut the mushrooms into two or four parts, depending upon their size.
- Heat a pan and add the homemade ghee to it.
- Add the grated garlic and saute for just half a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and saute on high to low flame, stirring constantly.
- When the mushrooms are cooked well, add the pepper powder and salt to taste. The quantity of the pepper powder can be adjusted as per preference.
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve the delicious Garlic Mushroom Stir Fry with some Dalia Pulao and some healthy Carrot salad by the side!
- Or can be served as an accompaniment to Nutri Daal Fry and Paneer Vegetable Pulao with some delicious and unique Ambade Kaarle Lonche by the side!
- Do serve some Karwar Style Madgane With Rajgira And Oats to complete this meal on a healthy note!