Crispy Chicken Burger is a dish loved by many. We get a variety of chicken burgers, with patties or crispy chicken, different toppings as well as dressings! Here I have presented a burger which I tried making on the lines of a crispy fried chicken burger which I had relished during a tour of a particular foreign country.
Searched the net for similar recipes and found some, where the chicken breast pieces were immersed in buttermilk to get good moist fried pieces. Added a few sauces as per my taste and the result was a delicious Crispy Chicken Burger with a wonderful barbeque as well as smoked paprika flavour. The final result was a delicious and extremely crispy, yet a moist chicken burger!
For more snacks or breakfast recipes, do go through the following recipes too…..
6. Indian Tacos
Here’s the recipe for the Crispy Chicken Burger……
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
Cup Used : 200 ml
- 250 gm Chicken Breast
- 4 Burger Buns
- 2 Tomatoes….. Sliced
- Iceberg Lettuce…… As required
- Mayonise/Burger Mayonise …. As required
- 4 Cheese Slices
- Oil for Frying
For Soaking The Chicken :
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
For Coating The Chicken Pieces :
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (approximately)….. To be adjusted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbs Red Chilli Sauce/Siracha Sauce
- 1 tbs Barbeque Sauce
For The Coleslaw :
- 1/3 cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1/3 cup Thinly Sliced Onions
- 2 tbs Mayonise…. To be adjusted as per requirement
- 2 tsp Siracha Sauce/Red Chilli Sauce (Optional)
- To start making the Crispy Chicken Burger, first wash the chicken breast thoroughly using sufficient water and drain.
- Slice it horizontally and then vertically to get 4 pieces or into desired pieces and immerse them in the buttermilk for a minimum of an hour. The more hours they are immersed, the better.
- After an hour, drain out all the buttermilk and set the pieces aside in a sieve.
- In the meantime slice the tomatoes and immerse the lettuce leaves in cold water for that extra crunchiness. Drain well before serving.
- Take two bowls. In one bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the red chilli sauce as well as the barbeque sauce.
- In the other bowl, mix together the flour, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Pick up one chicken piece and dip it in the flour mixture. Coat well with the mixture.
- Now dip this piece in the egg mixture.
- Immediately dip it again in the flour mixture and coat with it well on all sides.
- Repeat the procedure for each piece. Set all the pieces aside in a tray for a while.
- Heat a skillet and add oil to it for shallow frying the chicken pieces.
When the oil heats up, add the chicken pieces to it and shallow fry on both sides for about 7-8 minutes or till the chicken pieces are well cooked and crispy on both sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- In the meantime, mix together the ingredients mentioned for the coleslaw and set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, slice horizontally the burger buns and apply generous quantity of mayonise/burger mayonise on each slice.
- Arrange 3 slices of tomatoes on each base slice and place the crispy chicken on it.
- Top with some coleslaw, a cheese slice and lettuce.
- Place the other bun slice over it and apply slight pressure so that it doesn’t slip off the burger.
- Repeat this procedure for all the buns.
- Serve these delicious Crispy Chicken Burgers for lunch or dinner or just as a snack with an additional helping of some tomato ketchup and burger mayonise if desired!