Coconut, as I have mentioned earlier, is a superfood and has been always used in the daily cooking by the people of South India and Coastal regions of Maharashtra. Coconut is an immensely healthy food item. One common dish made using coconuts, is chutney.
But, there are numerous delicious types of coconut chutneys prepared by different communities. One such chutney is the Sweet And Sour Coconut Chutney. The use of a little sugar and lemon juice gives this chutney a delicious flavour. This makes it taste best with idlis. I was introduced to this chutney after my marriage. It is now my daughter’s favourite chutney!
Here are some more chutneys which You can try as well :
Here is the recipe for the delicious Sweet And Sour Coconut Chutney….
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Grated Coconut
- 3/4 cup Corriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice ….. To be adjusted
- 2 1/2 tsp Sugar….. To be adjusted
- Salt to taste
- To make the Sweet And Sour Coconut Chutney, first rinse the corriander leaves in enough water and keep aside for all the water to drain.
- Grind together all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixer grinder using sufficient water to get a thick chutney.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve this delicious Sweet and Sour Coconut Chutney with Soft Idlis or Rawaa Taandalaache Poale and some Udupi Sambar.